Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How To Make Your Makeup Stay On


How To Keep Your Makeup From Rubbing Off On Places It's Not Supposed To

GLAMOUR

OK, I know I'm not the only woman in America who has this issue: I apply makeup, put on a shirt with a collar and by the middle of the day, it's all over it. Or, how about when you hug someone and then notice that half of your makeup has rubbed onto their shirt (or face!)? Yikes! Luckily, I have some stellar tips you can use to keep this beauty faux pas from happening to you lovelies...
0819-KeepMakeUpOn_bd.jpg
Because I know that you're just dying to find out what I have to say on this topic, I thought I'd spare us the formalities of an intro and dive right into the tips:
1. Wear primer.
M.A.C. Cosmetics Senior Artist John Stapleton sums up the whole primer idea pretty well when he told me, "If you want paint to stick on the wall you need to prime it first." Although this is a pretty "Duh, we already knew this one" tip, you'd be surprised to find out how many of you really don't do this one simple thing before applying your makeup. (And yes, I'm guilty of not doing it it as well!)
2. Remember to blot throughout the day.
If you've got oily skin, you're probably already doing this. But, if you're like me and have normal/combination skin, then this may sound like a fairly strange idea. However, John informed me that blotting papers help to reset your makeup which leads to less shifting.

3. Give your face a spritz.
You know when it's swelteringly humid or hot outside and you feel like your makeup is melting right onto your shirt collar? Right when this feeling hits, try spritzing your face with a little bit of Evian Spray Natural Mineral Water Facial. Now, don't get too crazy and drench yourself; just hold it a few feet away and give yourself a little spritz. Luckily this stuff comes in the cutest little bottle so it's not like you're carrying around a gallon of water.
If you're reading this and find yourself already suffering from makeup stains on your clothes, then you should immediately default to the next tip:
4. Keep the baby wipes handy.
Our very own Susan Cernek said that makeup guru Pat McGrath once advised her to use a baby wipe to remove makeup stains on clothing. I tried it myself the other day and it actually works! If you don't really wanna walk around with baby wipes in your handbag, then try a cleansing wipe such as the Lumene Sensitive Touch Face and Eye Makeup Remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment